We at Mayanot understand that applicants and their families may be concerned about the security situation in Israel. Let us assure you that the safety and security of our participants is our number one priority. Taglit-Birthright Israel: MAYANOT would never take on this endeavor if we felt we were unable to adequately provide an absolutely safe and secure trip. We take whatever precautions are necessary, no matter the cost, to ensure the safety of our participants at all times.The following are some of the basic security precautions taken on the trip:
- Taglit-Birthright Israel is in direct contact with the appropriate Israeli security and public safety authorities on a minute-to-minute basis. Before traveling to any destination, we are first cleared by the Israeli government.
- All groups are accompanied by a GPS tracking system which is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by a special security room (cheder matzav) whose sole responsibility is the safety and security of our groups.
- Taglit-Birthright Israel: MAYANOT tours do not travel to or through certain unsafe areas such as the West Bank or Gaza.
- Only private transportation is used on the program.
- The Taglit-Birthright Israel: MAYANOT tour is a very full and structured program and participants are forbidden from ever leaving the group or going anywhere unsafe alone.
- As per Israel government regulation, an armed guard and a medic accompany the group 24 hours a day for the duration of the tour.
- As per an arrangement with Israel Phones Inc., Taglit-Birthright Israel: MAYANOT participants can receive a free cell phone rental for the duration of the tour. Mayanot strongly urges all participants to take advantage of this offer. Family and friends will feel much more comfortable knowing that they can reach you at any time while you are in Israel. Click here to reserve a cell phone.
Security precautions in Israel are extensive, taken seriously and executed with total precision and professionalism. The government of Israel, a partner in this project, is devoted to the safety and security of visitors and citizens alike. All participants are given a detailed safety and security orientation upon arrival in Israel.
Since the creation of the State of Israel, there has never been a perfect time to visit Israel – there is always something going on. Now, though, you have the unique opportunity to take advantage of this free gift.
The best way for you to get a first hand account of the organization and security that we provide on the trip is to speak with those who have experienced the trip themselves. If you would like to be put in touch with recent alumni, please visit our alumni testimonial page.
Taglit-Birthright Israel has brought over 300,000 participants to Israel over the last 11 years without one security related incident. Not one.